Classic Rock Night!


I am spending a very productive evening creating an itunes playlist entitled Classic Rock Yeah?
(The 'yeah?' comes from the really annoying universal student accent which makes every statement sound like a question. Favorite student accent words include Yeah? Like. Basically. Stuff and shit. Etc.)

The rules for my playlist are: songs have to have been recorded before 1986, you must be able to either air drum/air guitar/or head bang to it, and they must be on my itunes. Which means I have limited resources. It has been a successful evening.

So. Basically right, yeah? Get your itunes out, set up your air drums, plug your air guitar into your air amp, set the volume to eleven, stomp on yer distortion pedal, mess up your hair, raise your rocking arm high and kick out the jams you mothers! (Oh man I am cool...!)
Here it is...

Blitzkrieg Bop - Ramones
Rock and Roll - Led Zeppelin
Old Mule Skinner - Iggy Pop
New Rose - The Damned
Zigzag Wanderer - Captain Beefheart
Stay With Me - Rod Stewart (this man makes me feel physically sick)
Dazed and Confused - Led Zeppelin
Love Her Madly - The Doors
She Cracked - Modern Lovers
I Wanna Be Your Dog - The Stooges
We're Gonna Groove - Led Zeppelin
It's Only Rock and Roll - Rolling Stones
Touch Me - The Doors (that may not be the name of that song, I have a habbit of making up names for songs that are unknown to itunes)
I Fought the Law - The Clash
Brighton Rock - Queen
Doctor Doctor - UFO
TV Eye - Stooges
Keep Yourself Alive - Queen
Iron Man - Black Sabbath
Black Country Rock - David Bowie (wozza wozza)
Ezy Rider - Jimmi Hendrix
Rock Bottom - UFO
Into the Fire - Deep Purple
White Riot - The Clash
Got to Get You Into My Life - The Beatles
Cherry - UFO
Solid Gold Easy Action - T Rex
Watch You Ride - Jefferson Airplane
Beck's Bolero - Jeff Beck Group
Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
John I'm Only Dancing - David Bowie
Not Fade Away - The Rolling Stones
Silver Machine - Hawkwind
Bloodsucker - Deep Purple
Trash - New York Dolls (awesomely complex air drumming tune)

Ok so not such a great collection. Many repeats. Not too diverse. BUT in my defense, I am away from my CDs, I did cheat and buy Hawkwind and Deep Purple ("AGH NO NO NO NO!") especially, but I pretty much had to work with what I had. And my pal Matt would shout at me, 2.7 hours is too much, he would say. But he is not rock and roll like I am. 2.7 hours is not long enough man!

All in all my evening has been fulfilled, my head has not stopped nodding, my wrists hurt from air drumming, I snapped all the air strings on my air guitar, and my fingers are now bleeding air blood, not to mention blowing a few air fuses. To be frank, it's been a heavy night of it and now I am knackered! I have a 14hour + shift tomorrow so good night.

VERY METAL!

No comments:

Search This Blog