The mirror.

I don't have to deal with such violent turns anymore. I can sit quite comfortably the knifes inside are too blunt to penetrate, and besides my body has developed a unique enzyme that chews up metal. So now the knives are gone. And that is why I sit comfortably. You know what they say don't you? (Who 'they is I am unsure, I lost the source, but it has been collectively agreed upon they said it...) About laughter? Well it's the same as crying; triggered by shock; produces the same bodily effect, adrenaline, and a self sedative against pain. We cry to numb pain, to prepare to fight, we laugh for the same reason. The only difference is one recognises a real threat, the other recognises something that would be a threat if it wasn't so stupid. Shock. You can laugh at anything, I laugh at the mirrored edge of knives; the parallels held in that image with myself. But I knew it wasn't really me, too scarred, too skinny, too serious - she did not laugh back. 

No comments:

Search This Blog